Monday 25 November 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

On Friday night I FINALLY got to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I say finally because since I read the books and saw the first film I have been waiting for this to come out and I was not disappointed.

I definitely joined in with the salute everytime

Having always been Team Gale, the second book/film has converted me. I still love you Gale but awww Peta.

Anyway… I was impressed by the film, the casting was great (there were a few people that looked different to how I pictured in my head… Beetee was way too cool but it worked!), the set and effects were amazing. HOWEVER, I felt there were 2 key parts of the book missing from the film. Now I don’t want to say too much and spoil it but both involve a Mockingjay, one involves Plutarch Heavensbee and the other some refugees.

It was interesting to talk to my brother after we watched the film as he hadn’t read the books like my mum and I (we kept pulling sad/happy/angry faces when we knew certain things were coming up) and he said it had all made perfect sense so maybe the bits I remembered from the books where not that key!
 
 

Jennifer Lawrence is fantastic as usual, I think she is absolutely perfect for Katniss and is such a good role model in real life. She makes me want to whip out a bow and arrow and go for a walk in the woods.

I’m so excited for the next book to be made in to a film – however I have just discovered that ‘Mockingjay’ will be in 2 parts! I will be interested to see at what point the story splits to make the 2 films.

Have you seen Catching Fire yet? What did you think?
 
Lottie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment